Most parents around the world are jumping up and down with the eager arrival of SCHOOL!! This year I thought I’d kick things off with a little fun for my kids and make something that would put a smile on their faces whenever they opened a book.
That’s when I bumped into the amigurumi crochet rat bookmark “Book-Rat” pattern over at Supergurumi!! Isn’t this the most adorable bookmark you’ve ever seen?? The pattern is totally free on the website and I’d recommend it for anyone that knows their way around a hook. It is so cute and there is no doubt that your kid will be the talk of the classroom on the first day back to school!
If you’re not into rats (GASP), Supergurumi also has several other adorable bookmarks to choose from–several of which I plan to tackle myself! Note that as of this writing the book-rat is a freebie. The patterns that follow are a mix of paid and free.
- There is an adorable squished frog: http://www.supergurumi.com/amigurumi-crochet-frog-bookmark
- There is a super cute bunny: http://www.supergurumi.com/amigurumi-crochet-bunny-bookmark
- There is a green gecko (this one is currently free): http://www.supergurumi.com/amigurumi-crochet-gecko-bookmark
- There is a very cool page snake: http://www.supergurumi.com/amigurumi-crochet-snake-bookmark
- There is even a Minion: http://www.supergurumi.com/amigurumi-crochet-minion-bookmark
If you make one, don’t forget to add your project to the Book-Rat Ravelry page!