A gorgeous blue block is set to roll out this week for our ongoing Afghan Sampler project! Introducing the Hydrangea Flower in Bloom 8″Square by Another Creation Crochet Style with Luv!
Let’s learn a little more about the square and the designer behind it!
Barbara Sierra Rewis is the driving force behind Another Creation Crochet Style with Luv. She opened her doors August 13, 2012 and has continually delighted her customers with her hook skills!
You can find her all around the internet!
A few words from Barbara!
I’ve been crocheting since I was 16 and was taught by my Aunti Vi. Ever since I pretty much self tought myself through the years. Up to the last few years I have been approached to why I am not selling my stuff. Never thought about it because honestly for myself didn’t think I was that good. Well to my amazement after making a few hats and selling them at a Christmas fair, it gave me the encouragement to open a facebook account and sell from there. So far its doing good and in the pace that I like.
Thoughts about her newest pattern, Hydrangea Flower in Bloom 8″Square!
I feel honored to have a square that I designed to be included in this CAL. Not only does it open more doors for me but it also helps me to be more involved.
I still have a lot of growing to do as a newbie I like to call myself, and everyday is a learning experience for me which I enjoy. As for the inspiration for this pattern I feel that it will blend in very well with the others to give it a fresh home style look.
When trying to come up with a design, I was thinking in the line of flowers, cause who don’t like flowers… So this square was inspired by our southern flower that blooms during the spring and fall, it blooms many colors… the Hydrangea Flower. After making this square, it was so cute to watch my 3 year old granddaughter pick it up and smell it, and she would say, “Umm it smells good nanny!” I asked her, “ Why are you smelling it?”She says, “It looks like a flower nanny!!!” All I could do was smile…and say thank you Danielle. So I feel that I accomplished what I was going for.
Important details about this block from the designer:
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Caron simply Soft yarn 4 worsted use a J hook
- Hobby Lobby I love this Yarn 4 worsted use a H hook
Gauge: ch 26, *sc in 2nd ch from hook and continue sc to end of row, ch 1 turn.* Continue this process *2* until you reach 7″. Block should measure 7″X7″.
- Beg. Popcorn Stitch, ch 3 in same ch and dc 4X’s in same ch. Take hook out of last dc made and insert in 3rd ch of ch 3 and grab the last st with your hook and pull through the first st and ch 1. KEEP IN MIND THAT WHEN MAKING THE POPCORN ST, IT WILL ALWAYS END WITH A CH 1.
- Popcorn Stitch, Make 5 dc’s in the same st , remove your hook from the last st. Insert your hook into the first dc of the 5 dc’s. Grab the last st with your hook and pull through the first st. Ch 1. KEEP IN MIND THAT WHEN MAKING THE POPCORN ST, IT WILL ALWAYS END WITH A CH 1.
- V-St, dc ch2 dc in same st.
I hope you enjoy tackling this week’s block and you’re looking forward to next week’s exclusive design from Spider Mambo Designs!