SO MANY of you guys have been over the moon about the idea of no more tails and have asked me about color changing so I thought I’d do a follow-up tutorial to show you all how it’s done!

The good news is that you CAN work this technique through any color change. It’s faster and simpler to work if you are doing all one color (mostly because the yarn is easier to blend) but that doesn’t mean that you can’t apply it to whatever situation you’re facing in your project!

Let me show you how it’s done in this short tutorial! If you’ve enjoyed it leave me a comment below and if you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, head on over and plop your email in the box so you can be updated whenever something new is posted! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel so that you can be the first to find new uploads!

The End of Weaving Tails with Color Changes!
Tagged on:

10 thoughts on “The End of Weaving Tails with Color Changes!

• February 2, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Hi, can you do something similar with UK double crochet (I think that is single crochet in the US)

• Profile photo of Tanya Naser
      February 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Sure, Helen! To work this with a shorter stitch you would just have less stitch to pull the tail through but it works up just the same. πŸ™‚ Instead of yarning over with the working tail, simply insert your hook and yarn over with the tail and complete your stitch. Then drop the tail and carry on, crocheting over the tail until you are ready to snip. You can also crochet the tail across several stitches for added strength. Hope that cleared it up for you and made sense!

• February 2, 2016 at 11:24 pm

This seems great, but a video with narration instead of captions (trying to watch your crochet work and read the words is not the easiest) would be awesome.

• Profile photo of Tanya Naser
      February 2, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Everyone learns differently and it sounds like it would be best for you to hit that pause button to get an idea about what’s happening and then hit play to watch along. πŸ™‚ You can always read through the entire video and then hit rewind as many times as you need to in order for it to sink in. New techniques take me a few minutes to process as well so I always watch things or read them a few times before I’m ready to give it a try on my own. I don’t narrate because I find that with something to read, there is a point of reference when rewinding. If I’m just talking then you might be more distracted by the noise level in my house or my enunciation or maybe my New York accent. πŸ™‚

• February 3, 2016 at 11:27 am

Brilliant, I’ve just tried it and it works so well, than you so much.

• February 3, 2016 at 12:03 pm

I love this idea! How long have you been doing this? Do you find your projects really sturdy using this method? I’m only asking because I have had projects unravel in the past because of poor weaving (or lack of weaving!) In the past ,
    .thanks for your work!

• Profile photo of Tanya Naser
      February 3, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Hey Susie! I’ve been doing this for years now and I’ve never had a project come undone on me. When I used to weave (in the very beginning of my crochet career) everything eventually came undone!

• February 5, 2016 at 7:49 pm

This looks great for the granny square but I can’t figure out if I could do it in a linen stitch when I change colors every row.

• February 8, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This is brilliant! I’ve been trying to find a “prettier” and sturdier way to weave in ends and this is just beautiful! Thank you so much for creating this tutorial. πŸ™‚

• March 10, 2016 at 3:50 am

Wow! Just watched this….thank you! I have crocheted for three hundred years….okay, only 63, and have tried so many different approaches. This one is so neat, simple and invisible! GOD bless you!